Adventure begins after taking an extended rest in the natural cavern of the Ziggurat. Rysiris has spent some time making reagents, potions, and whetstones (see adventure summary for details). 3 lights remain brightly lit on the portal within Ebonwing’s lair.
Captain Thegel instructs the warrior poet soggwaddle to sneak forth, down a natural tunnel that seems to be acting as a drain. The goblin does so and after approximately 20’, he pushes through a wall of water and finds himself in the same type of magically darkened corridor previously encounter.
After 1500’, Brother George steps through the darkness and sees a darkened room. Purplish tendrils of mist crawl along the ceiling. 5 large stone sarcophagi are placed around the room, the central sarcophagi is larger than the other four. 8 alcoves line the back wall, their doors have been shattered.
The Invoker and Soggwaddle both feel an intense feeling of “creep”, and Captain Thegel becomes extremely frightened.
Rysiris carefully moves forward and circles around the room toward the alcoves.
Captain Thegel is possessed by a ghost and steps forward into a necrotic trap. 3 mummies phase from their stone tombs and attack the heroes.
Captain Thegel becomes infected with mummy rot during the combat.
Once the Iron Eagles vanquish the undead, Rysiris invokes Tempus’ might to cure the Captain of his affliction. (Remove Affliction, 250 gp). The ritual is successful, but is hard on the Captain.
A search of the room, sarcophagi, and alcoves reveals a shattered clay urn with 1800 pp, some ladies jewelry (560 gp), 5 Black Crystals (known to be some sort of energy siphon)
Captain Thegel smashes the crystals.
Rysiris harvests primordial sand.
Further searching reveals a portal on the floor.
Rysiris performs an Analyze Portal ritual and learns the following; the portal leads to a chamber identical to the one the heroes are currently in, the portal has only been used by undead, and the portal was created by the “Child of Zenlothafalu”.
Rysiris and Captain Thegel review their options for continuing forward; through this portal, through Ebonwing’s portal, or down the dark shaft. The Captain decides the Iron Eagles should go through this portal.
Rysiris suggests going though first and drawing the enemy out, and then having the rest of the Iron Eagles come through and surround the enemy.
Captain Thegel agrees that sending Rysiris through first is an excellent plan.
Rysiris steps through and is beset by 1 specter, and three wights. The Invoker’s battle plan works swimmingly and the Iron Eagles are victorious.
A search of the room reveals, 700 pp, a star sapphire (5,000 gp), and 8 more Black Crystal-Siphons. In the large sarcophagi a holly tree branch is discovered. Rysiris believes it is an “Immurement of the Blood Vine”.
Captain Thegel smashes the Crystals and Rysiris harvest another primordial-sand.
PCs have reached a milestone; regain 1 action point and the use of one daily item power.
_Rysiris Status _
Hitpoints: 104/104 Healing Surges: 6/10 Action Points: 1/1
Daily Attack Used
Wall of Light Astral Step
Daily Utility Used
Daily Item Power Used
- Creeping Gatevine (Lv 20): 9/10
- Potion Vigor (lv19): 10/10
- Potion Regeneration (Lv 19): 10/10
- Augmenting Whetstone (Lv 16): 10/10
- Brightleaf (Lv 18): 10/10
- Brightleaf (Epic): 1/5
- Desert Rose (Lv 18): 10/10
- Holy Water (Epic): 1/3
- Oil Flesh Returned: 1/1
- Scroll Raise Dead: 1/1
- Holy Water (Lv 16): 10/10
- Cryptspawn (Lv15): 10/10
- Primordial Sand 7
_Rituals Cast _
Remove Affliction (250 gp) Analyze Portal (250 gp)
- 14, Lv 16 Whetstones = 7,200 gp
- 2, Lv 18 Desert Roses = 5,200 gp
- 10, Lv 18 Brightleafs = 34,000 gp
- 20, Lv 19 Potions of Regeneration = 84,000 gp
- 20, Lv 19 Potions of Vigor = 84,000 gp
- 10, Lv 20 Creeping Gatevines = 5,000 gp
- 10, Lv 15 Cryptspawn Potions = 10,000
Total = 292,400 residuum
Platinum Jewelry (560 gp) 700 pp 1800 pp Star Sapphire (5,000 gp) Immurement of the Blood Vine:
_Finances _ 244,280 gp, 240,560 (art, jewelry, statues, etc) & 273,612 R. – 282, 400 R + 17,500 gp +560 jewelry =
- 242,992 gp
- 241,120 art, jewelry, statues, etc
- 0 Residuum
- Potion of Recovery This mighty potion uses your own stamina to restore your hit points and to help you shrug off harm. Level: 25 Price: 25,000 gp Potion Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action. Drink the potion and spend a healing surge. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 50 hit points and make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save can end. First published in Player’s Handbook.
- 1 Bucket of Gorgon’s Blood (325,000 gp):
- Immurement of the Blood Vine When this branch from the holly tree that always bears new growth is snapped, it spawns what was once the heart of a forest. Level: 24 Price: 21,000 gp Other Consumable Power (Consumable): Standard Action. You expend this immurement and change the terrain in a close blast 4 until the end of the encounter. Replace the terrain in the blast with the following terrain and effects.
- Small tree squares provide cover to creatures in them. The large tree square is a solid obstacle.
- At the start of your turn, you can have vines on the tree wrap up a creature. Make an attack against one enemy within 2 squares of the tree: +27 vs. Reflex; on a hit, the target is pulled adjacent to the tree, and is restrained and takes ongoing 10 damage (save ends both). Special: Using this item counts as a use of a magic item daily power. First published in Adventurer’s Vault 2.
- Cryptspawn Potion This viscous liquid smells faintly of death, yet it invigorates you against diseases and poisons. Level: 15 Price: 1,000 gp Potion Power (Consumable): Minor Action. Consume this potion and spend a healing surge. You do not regain hit points as normal. Instead, gain resist 10 necrotic and resist 10 poison until the end of the encounter. You also gain a +5 power bonus to your next Endurance check against any disease of level 15 or lower. First published in Adventurer’s Vault.